I Just Might Live

I don't know if any of you have Fibro Myalgia (FM)or not, but I have it and since I started doing exercises in water, it hasn't flared up....until last Friday evening. When it first started up, I thought it was just my hip joints acting up again. I've been taking a new pain medication which has made the pain in my back go to a very low level. My hip joints haven't hurt for quite some time.

By Saturday morning, I knew it was FM flaring it's ugly head into my life again. I haven't been neglecting the exercise in water much so I was very surprised. I ended up spending my life in the bed until Tuesday evening when I sat up in the living room for a little while.

I had a PT appointment Wednesday at 11:00 and Steve called to see if I could get it a little later as it was very hard for me to drag myself out of bed. They couldn't change it so I felt like I literally drug myself to the whirlpool tub to try for some relief. I felt better as long as the jets were on an area of pain, but then the rest of my body was killing me.

FM is a disease that makes all of your muscles and joints throb. It hurts almost anywhere you can be touched (so don't touch me). I made it to my appointment and Abbey massaged my back and neck. Which was weird because she could touch me there without inflicting more pain.

After PT I made myself go down to the pool for some movement in water. That helped! I know that you need to exercise to get relief from FM but it's the last thing you want to do. Once you get started in the water you start getting some relief. This is my second day moving around in the water so here's hoping the FM will go away.

We actually got to the YMCA too early today for me to get in the pool, so I told Steve to call me at 9:30 when I could go in. Until then, I was going to sleep in the car. Steve left his phone at home today so he was going to try to find one in the Y that he could use. What he should have done was rig up some type of system to have a few doorbells ring when it was time for me to come in.

He actually forgot to call me and I woke up at 10:00 and then had to rush as there was only 1/2 hour left to use the pool. So, rush I did, then it turned out I was able to stay in the pool for the next half hour so I accomplished the one hour exercise program and headed to the hot tub. I feel a lot better, but if it's like yesterday, my fingers and knees will start the light throbbing that usually occurs before my whole body starts hurting.

I have an appointment with a physician assistant at the Pain Control office tomorrow (my doctor isn't available until April). I don't know if there's anything they can do (since the strong pills I'm on aren't helping), but I'll know tomorrow.

I'd best go, you're probably sick of hearing me whine and I need to get up and move around!


Heather said...

Mom, you totally need to update your blog. Mwah! Love you!!!! I know I know. Post the post and email the link, I'll get ya hooked up!

Halfmoon said...

What do you mean???