February 3rd

I finally got the appointment made to see a doctor for an upper endoscopy. Of course, the female doc that I wanted to see was not available until the middle of February (just for the consult).

Steve drove me in yesterday for a 3:00 appointment. Had to be there by 2:45, of course, for insurance, etc. For some reason, the receptionist could not find the group number for my insurance company in their system. Meanwhile, four or five people came in and stood in line to be checked in while waiting for this woman to get me in their system. Oh, brother. I wanted to ask if I could hop the counter and look for it myself.

After finally being checked in, someone in a wheelchair in the hallway was screaming out and crying. This went on for approx 5 minutes which totally unnerved me. I wanted to go out and see if I could help her. She really sounded like she was scared. I wanted to go out and sing to her, see if that would calm her down. Finally, they wheel her in and take her on back, she's screaming out the whole way.

This went on for a while, then some paramedics came in with their stretcher on wheels. I told Steve, I bet they came for that poor woman. Yep, back they come with her on the stretcher screaming and crying.

When they finally called my name, it was way after 3:00, I understood why. My nurse apologized for all the commotion, said that was a new patient for them and they didn't know what was wrong with her other than she was mentally impaired.

The final result is I will have it done on Feb 3rd and I won't be knocked out. I gag easily so, am not looking forward to them putting a scope down my throat. Yuck

On other notes Jordan wants a mini bike to ride out on our land. Sydney has a 4-wheeler which is her size and is really cute. I wonder if she needs ATV Parts very often. I'm sure all the grandkids would love it if we had something they could play on out here. I always wanted to have a couple horses and at one time we were considering raising dobermans (when we had Brandy).

Right now, I just wish I could have an addition built on to have an indoor swimming pool with warm water. Then I could really get mobility going every day. After seeing the doctor, we went to the Y and participated in a warm water exercise class. I overdid it. Spent the night in pain (neck and shoulders). Got up at 2 am and wore my tens unit and read. Finally at 5, I went to bed and slept on ice packs. I never learn.

Hope you have a great weekend planned. We don't have any plans made other than to go pick up my car at the repair shop (after the warranty expired, of course).


Not Everyone's Mama said...

If you had an indoor pool I'm guaranteeing you all of us would move back home. Whether you and dad like it or not. ROFL

That's sad about that woman. Adult or child when it's hard to understand what is going on, it's so scary for them. :(

Love you mom!