Surgery is Over!

It's been a week since surgery and I feel pretty good. Actually, I've felt pretty good including the day of surgery, just have been soooo sleepy. I think I've slept half my life away, and it felt great.

The Saturday after surgery my feet and legs were pretty swollen so I called the number for my surgeon. The doc on call told me to go to the ER and have an ultrasound done of my legs to make sure there were no blood clots. Once that was determined I would be put on a water pill.

The ultrasound was clear so I was given a script for water pills and potassium as I'm still very low. Man those potassium pills are huge. They didn't look much bigger than my Neurontin so I waited for the nurse to give me the 2nd one. She said, "Are you sure? They are pretty big." Being as smart as I am I answered, "I take one that size along with 4 other pills all at once." "OK," she said and let me take them both.

After practically choking to death, I finally got the pills down and felt a little (a lot) sheepish. Never again will I take two at one time. Whew! Lucky to be here to tell the story. Over all, once being weighed, I had at least 11 pounds water weight on me. Talk about tight feet.

I had my hair cut right before surgery so I wouldn't have to mess with it so much afterwards. I'm really glad I did. It is so easy to take care of right now. For some reason, you can't see where my hair was thinning any more. Abby actually asked me what product I used to make it grow again. You could really see it was thin as it was right in front.

It might be a good idea for me to take some hair loss prevention for protection against future loss. I think my hair being short just covers up where I was thin before. Who knows. I always told everyone I wouldn't mind going thin in the back, but in the front you have to see it every time you look in the mirror.

I want to thank everyone who kept me in their prayers during my surgery and after. I believe that was the reason my days after surgery went so well. Again, thank you!


Teresa @ ♥ TOO MANY HEARTBEATS ♥ said...

Wow, you've been through a lot lately. I am SO very thankful you did not have a clot. I had one of those about 2 years ago and it was not fun. Thankfully, it was in a superficial vein (close to the skin) and not in a deep vein, which would have been much more dangerous. However, it still hurt a great deal. I'm glad you didn't have to go through that. Oh, and I'm glad you didn't choke to death on your horse pills. :0) Those Potassium pills ARE huge!

It is really good to see you posting again. Did you get a new background? It is really pretty.

Well, take good care of yourself and don't try to do too much. Take it one day at a time and let your amazing family pamper you. :0)


Teresa <><

♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥