Alabama Bound

Wow, I have tried multiple times/days to book a week of our timeshare down in the Alabama area with no results. My brother-in-law, Randy, will be crowned the Grand Potentate of the Shriners or Masons the end of March and we are invited! We are going to a ball! I am so excited. I'll wear my gold dress that I wore to Abby's wedding so I won't even have to shop! Steve will need a suit. The night before the ball there is a dinner that we'll go to also. I'll need to figure out what to wear to that, I guess. Sue (my sister) and Walt will be going too.

I am really looking forward to this. I've never been to a Sno-Ball or Prom in high school, so this will be the closest thing for me. Jackie (my sister who is married to Randy) is determined to walk Randy down the aisle for the crowning. She has had major health problems and now gets around with a walker. I am so proud of her. When she has trouble and sets her mind to it, she attains her goal.

Back to the timeshare, I looked online again today and behold, they actually had a week available in Alpine, Alabama starting the 29th of March. There won't be swimming cause the pool doesn't open until Memorial Day but there's a whirlpool tub in the unit so I'll be happy. We probably won't spend a lot of time there anyway as we'll be going to see our Alabama family each day. It will probably be an hour or more drive each day, but at least we will have our own space and a place to get away to.

I can't wait! Halfmoon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my invitation today. I wish I could go with you guys! With needing money to go to Mexico too, that won't be happening. :o(