A Trip to Ohio

Heather's family was supposed to leave tonight to head to Ohio to see Pato's sisters and some of his family. They decided to wait until tomorrow morning because the winds are so bad right now it blew a train off its tracks in Ohio. His sister, Daniella, called and begged them to wait until tomorrow to see how the weather is.

It is freezing here in Iowa but at least the temp is about sixteen degrees. Yesterday it was down to six degrees and with the windchill it felt like -20. We had a glorius day Monday, it actually got up to 50 degrees here. Then the next day brought snow again and terrible wind.

Heather just called me. Pato's sister, Judy, (in Mexico) called him. They had just taken his dad to the doctor and was told he has about two months left to live. Not good. So Pato will probably go to Mexico instead. They really don't have the money to go there. Heather said she cannot take Jordan out of school for that long and she won't let the girls go without her. What a deal, huh? I was tempted to tell her I'd keep Jordan out here and take him to school, but man what a commitment that would be. I don't have the money for gas to do that and I'm really not in that great of health either.

Well, time will tell. Halfmoon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you trying to make me cry? Mom, that's so sweet. I think Jordan would be upset if he didn't get to go though. :o( I don't know what I'll do when the time gets here.