The Doctor's Appointment

I met Abby at her doctor's office for the visit to confirm her pregnancy. She had shared with me she first realized she might be expecting when she craved a can of generic mixed vegetables that Justin likes but she doesn't. After she ate the whole can, she began to wonder. She checked her calendar and sure enough, she was 5 days overdue for her dot.

The doctor came in and said "You're test confirms that you are pregnant!" Abby said "Great because I've already told everyone that I am" It was so fun to share this time with my youngest child. I now see glimpses of my life and what my mother must have felt.

After leaving the office I asked Abby if she wanted to go for a celebration lunch. She looked at me and said, "Broccoli and cauliflower pizza sounds good." We both laughed at that. I followed her to Pleasant Hill as that was the closest Breadeaux Pizza around. Unfortunatly it didn't open till 4:00 pm. So we again hit the road and headed to Adel after calling and confirming they were open.

Heather called me while I was following Abby to get on the Interstate. About a block away from the entrance she took a left turn. I told Heather "I wonder what she's doing, she just turned off before the entrance." It only took about five seconds before I said "Oh for crying out loud! Now I know why we are here!" We had turned into the parking lot of a Mexican store that sells corn on a stick covered with mayonaise and cheese. What a riot! I guess she had another craving! Halfmoon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to be an aunt again! It's just so hard to believe that my baby sister is having a baby. *sniff sniff* Am I getting that old???? ROFL Where's that you leave you mom? Just kiddin'!!!!!

And corn on the cob covered with mayonnaise and cheese is so yummy! I think I ate 2 or 3 a day of those when I was pregnant with kat.