The Holidays are Coming!

I belong to a group called Flylady. They send you emails daily to help you clean your house without being overwhelmed. The messages give you little things to do each day and eventually your house is clean without the marathon of cleaning for a party, company, or holiday.

Right now they are writing about Cruising through the Holidays. One of the topics I'm really interested in is making twice the amount of a meal, then freeze half of it for a future meal. I don't mind cooking when I'm doing it but I hate cleaning up. This would save a cleanup too! What an idea!

Let's see, what kind of meals could I freeze. Actually, if I bought two 8 x 8 pans, I could make my regular lasagna recipe and put half in the freezer for future use. I rarely make it anymore unless I'm having company because that recipe is waaaaayyyy too much food for Steve and I to eat. Actually, most recipes I make are for 9 x 13 pans, so wouldn't two 8 x 8 pans work?

Any hints you have about cooking, let me know. I cannot stand at the stove very long with my back so I have my girls help when they come over. I don't know if they realize how much I appreciate it when they help, whether it's cooking or the cleanup.

Just an update, I stopped by to see Abby and Mikayla Monday. They are doing great. Abby's getting right into the Mommy habit, I just love it. That's it till the next adventure....Halfmoon

0 comments: