A Chance For Advancement

One of my sons has been asked to apply for a new position in the company he works for.  It would mean an advancement for him.  He has a big decision to make.  One that would mean authority over others and that he would have new things to learn.

I don't know if he would be using welding supplies or not, he had training in that when he was younger.  He would have to make decisions for work that needed to be done and he's a little nervous about that, I think.

I can remember when my company was going out of business.  The company that bought it did not automatically take all the employees into their company.  We all had to apply and interview for the positions.  It was completely different than the job I had at the time.  Turned out only 13 of 30 employees were hired.

It was a very uncomfortable two weeks we had to work at the old place, with the 17 employees who were not hired.  It all turned out well in the end, but I had to learn a new job and feel that I know a little of what my son is going through.  It will all turn out no matter which way he decides.  I happen to know that he can do whatever needs to be done, and do it well.

0 comments: