Avoca Bound

We drove to Avoca Sunday to go to a picnic Sue and Wendy planned. Of course, I missed the turn and had to turn around and go back. Steve told me where the right turn was but I was sure I knew where I was going since I'd been there before.

After turning around and going the way Steve had indicated previously, I recognised the road I was on and knew we less than a mile from Wendy's home. After arriving, I saw relatives from Alabama, Omaha, and Council Bluffs.


This is a pic of Justin and Mikayla. Mikayla is the next to last granddaughter of mine. She is sooo sweet. Abby called me the other day to tell me she went on the potty chair two times and had on the diaper she came home from the sitter's in. Hooray Mikayla! It is so neat to hear the new activities my grandkids do.






This is Katiana Lynn, my granddaughter who is now six years old. She can read now and is really becoming a great soccer player!









The next pic is Skip (Sue's oldest and my nephew), Mike (my nephew from Alabama), Sheila (Ryan and Troy's mom, she lives up near Waterloo, and her new boyfriend. You can see the back of a little boy looking into the house, that is Evan, Mike's youngest son. You also see the back of someone's head with green hair. That is Troy, my brother Denny's grandson, which would make him my great nephew.

Steve and I have talked about getting a new computer. Ours is soooo old it's disgusting. I want to check into POS systems.

I have a laptop and I really love it, but I'd rather use the old desktop that we have. So I think it's time to look around for something new.




It's hard to put in words how much fun we had at Wendy's. Mike got the older kids together and filled a lot of water balloons so they could have a water balloon fight. It was great watching the kids have fun. Better yet was watching Wendy trying to hit her husband, Josh with a balloon in retaliation of the balloons he hit her with. She ended up with a large pitcher of water and when he least expected it she poured it over his head. It was so funny! You had to be there. I'll write more about the picnic later.

4 comments:

Leticia said...

I was sent to your blog by your daughter Heather from her blog. Looks like everybody had a fantastic time! Love the pictures!

I hope you recover quickly and are in tip top shape in no time!

Lukasmummy said...

Hi, I saw on Heather's blog that you were sick, so just wanted to leave you some get well wishes. Hope you are feeling much better soon. Hugs Crystal xx

CathyH said...

I'm from Heather's blog too. Get well soon, everyone loves you!

Halfmoon said...

Thank you to all! I am much better. Surgery is scheduled for June 17, I covet your prayers that it goes well! Again, thanks!

Kathy